We are writing today with news regarding arrival and dismissal routines. Thank you so much for your patience and partnership in the last few weeks as we welcomed students for FOUR first days of school! The BMS community rose to the challenges of new traffic patterns and routines and it is much appreciated.
Here are a few reminders and things to consider:
- In partnership with the Beverly Police Department, we have been timing the drop-off. We are currently running at 6 minutes from start to finish (Balch St. to Neighborhood One.) This is GREAT time! Please plan to spend that amount of time “rolling.” Thank you for keeping two lanes of traffic flowing and merging.
- Students may enter the cafeteria doors to eat breakfast at 8:15. Neighborhood doors will open at 8:30 RAIN or SHINE. Please plan with your child accordingly as we respectfully ask that you NOT arrive early. This is to ensure that students remain socially distanced. All students arriving after 8:45 must report to the front doors and main office.
- Rolling Drop-Off: Please remember that ALL drop-offs are taking place at a student's neighborhood (unless you are one of the few families that have directions from an administrator to go to the front door.) There is no stopping or dropping-off on Cabot Street. This is very dangerous and we need to enforce this for safety reasons.
- Walkers: Please review crosswalks with your walkers. Students are crossing (or trying to cross and being stopped) in unsafe spots. Please help us keep them safe.
- Bike Riders: There are MANY students riding without helmets. Not only is this very unsafe, it is also against the law. Children under 13 without helmets may have their bike impounded for up to 15 days and the family can be fined. We are beginning a partnership with the Beverly Police Department to address Bike Safety. This will include providing all children with a helmet before enforcing helmet consequences are put into place.
Our very best,
The BMS Leadership Team