Sunday, March 29, 2020

Gr 8 Boston Trip Update

Thank you to the families who have reached out in regards to our June 11, 2020 trip to Boston. We are working with Jumpstreet Educational Tours on the potential cancelation of this field trip, but at this time our June trip has not been canceled. Jumpstreet is not currently canceling June tours, but they have extended the cancelation date to 30 days prior to the trip (rather than 60) in order to get a full refund (minus the initial deposit of $50 and any non-recoverable fees, such as credit card transaction fees, as per the group cancelation policy). Any students who purchased the refund guarantee price (44 students) will also get a full refund should our group cancel.

At this point, we will continue to wait to cancel this trip. I am sure the cancelation policy may change if Boston is not open for visitors and if venues are not taking group tours, but we do not have that information at this point in time.

We understand that the safety of our students and community is a priority and we will not move forward with this trip if we feel that students will be in danger, however, we will wait until the first week of May to make the decision to cancel or to go.

Please reach out to Erica Pasquarelli, Grade 8 Assistant Principal, with comments or concerns: